PHP Classes

Getting more than one users statuses in one go

Recommend this page to a friend!

PHP Twitter Feed  >  All threads  >  Getting more than one users statuses...  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:Getting more than one users statuses...
Summary:More than one Twitter users status at a time in the RSS feed.
Author:William Jacoby
Date:2013-08-02 21:57:28
Update:2013-08-04 01:50:30

1. Getting more than one users statuses...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of William Jacoby William Jacoby - 2013-08-02 21:57:28
Since Feedera is no longer operating, I need a new was to get twitter status via some means other than going on the site and sifting through message from people I "might" know. Since I've already got TinyTinyRSS going I thought it would be nice to use it to get the updates. Is it possible to do this, I saw that it had an array, so assumed I could do

$parameters = array(
'screen_name'=>(IsSet($_GET['screen_name']) ? $_GET['screen_name'] : 'user1'),
'screen_name'=>(IsSet($_GET['screen_name']) ? $_GET['screen_name'] : 'user2'),
);

2. Re: Getting more than one users statuses...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Manuel Lemos Manuel Lemos - 2013-08-03 04:51:39 - In reply to message 1 from William Jacoby
What you can do is to use the GetSearch function to get search results for two users like this:

$parameters = array(
'q'=>'from:user1 OR from:user2'
);

$success = $twitter->GetSearch('tweets', $parameters);

3. Re: Getting more than one users statuses...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of William Jacoby William Jacoby - 2013-08-03 17:35:54 - In reply to message 2 from Manuel Lemos
Thanks for the reply, I had already gone ahead and just used 19 separate copies of get_statuses.php, and merged them with this script: http://www.widgetsandburritos.com/merge-rss-feeds-php-cache/ It worked well for me so far. I'll keep this post in mind for a later date though.

4. Re: Getting more than one users statuses...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Manuel Lemos Manuel Lemos - 2013-08-04 01:49:19 - In reply to message 3 from William Jacoby
It seems that is not necessary, as Twitter can merge Tweets for you from many users in a single feed.

5. Re: Getting more than one users statuses...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Manuel Lemos Manuel Lemos - 2013-08-04 01:50:30 - In reply to message 3 from William Jacoby
Also keep in mind that Twitter has a limit of API calls per period of time. The less API calls you can, the lower are the chances of hitting that limit.